Location: Municipality of Calayan, Cagayan Province, Philippines
The stunning coastline of Naguilian today
You might be wondering where Camiguin Norte Island is. Well, there are two Camiguin Islands in the Philippines. One of which is the Camiguin Island in Mindanao or is known as Camiguin Sur or South Camiguin. While, Camiguin Norte Island is a part of the northern Philippines specifically a part of the Babuyan Islands group. It is also called as Camiguin de Babuyanes, being a part of the Babuyan group of Islands. Babuyan islands has 5 principal islands, namely: Babuyan (Babuyan Claro), Calayan, Camiguin Norte, Dalupiri and Fuga.
I first visited Camiguin Norte in 2003 and I cannot forget my experience where I stayed there for more than a month as chronicled in my blog Camiguin de Babuyanes. I was based in Barangay Balatubat. Camiguin Norte is consist of only three barangays, namely: Balatubat, Nauguilian and Minabel. I visited all three barangays. Naguilian is close to Balatubat, but Minabel is quite far, where I reached it by foot for 4 hours trek. By that time, there was no road yet connecting to that barangay and no land transportation means in the whole island. We trekked along the coastline of endless and untouched beautiful beaches. And best part of that trip was when I climbed Mount Camiguin de Babuyanes.

No comments:
Post a Comment